Monday, November 3, 2008

news: this month and my attempt at self-exhaustion

As one can see from the coming soon area in my side bar, I plan on doing a lot of posting this month. And yes, the coming soon area has now transformed into a more of a "coming soon this month" type of deal. It's really there just to keep me on track so that I don't slack off; in other words, I kind of give my word to post those specific things and I shall go through with it all if I have to.

But onto the explanation of this month's planning:


In terms of anime, I've found that there are few catching my attention for this fall season. To begin with, the only ones I'm actually following closely are Skip Beat! and Michiko to Hatchin. I gave Kuroshitsuji a view and enjoyed it, so I will probably be watching that one as well.




Wagaya no Oinari-sama came to a close just recently and I have finished watching it as well. Even though I don't have it planned for this month, I will be writing a brief thoughts post on that series, as I admit that I enjoyed it enough to watch it until the very end, and keep up with it as each episode came out.

I plan on finishing up World Destruction so that I can be free of guilt in starting a new anime based on an RPG game, Tales of the Abyss. I'm also looking forward to the fourth Kara no Kyoukai movie which should be available sometime soon next month.

Naisho no Tsubomi seems to be at a standstill on the first episode of the three episode OVA, and I have yet to come across more episodes of Chocolate Underground. So these two anime are on hold as of now. The other anime that are on hold due to personal reasons may be revived soon as I intend to get back into watching Allison to Lillia as well as Hikaru no Go. Amatsuki is a different case altogether, and for some twisted reason, I can't seem to get myself to watch it.

Anyway, on to manga news, I have quite a few manga that I am planning on blogging about this month, as you can see, and these include many from the same mangaka as well as a few short stories.

My current obsession in manga is the pursuit of various oneshot collections and continuing to follow along with Lovely Complex, Ouran High School Host Club, Beauty Pop, etc, etc...

I may or may not begin reading Rurouni Kenshin and the few adventure shoujo manga I'd mentioned earlier. I've gotten a hold of Fushigi Yuugi and am considering putting that one on my reading list. As for those manga I have sitting on my actual side bar list, they are either ones I will read as soon as the next chapter comes out, or they are ones in which I've been thinking of reading but haven't bothered to lay a finger on yet.

Finally, once again, I am at a loss as to what to do about the monthly spotlight. There is the biggest possibility that I may post about another Yoshihara Yuki adult-themed work, but then again, I may just pull something completely random out of my head and go with it.

In the very distant future of anime viewing, I do plan on working up some hype on Natsume Yuujinchou's second season that I am very much looking forward to after overly enjoying the first season so much.

Some future posts not listed will include a few anime series I've already watched and plan to post about, even it is just a simple, short and brief summary and thoughts post. These include Tokyo Marble Chocolate, FLCL, Blood+, and even Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bepop.

My love for Cardcaptor Sakura has not waned even as it has been months since I last watched it. Thus I will be writing a few posts over it as well as rambling about why Cardcaptor Sakura was one of my favorite anime series despite it being targetted at younger girls, and why Sakura and Shaoran are my utmost favorite couple to date.

In tune with the above, I may even plan a few "My Favorite Anime... Bishies/Couples/Elements/Themes/..." etc. post. These are things that I want to do, but it's a little more complicated to actually have it written and sounding good, so I will not ask anyone to look forward to these things as I have no idea when I will even have them written.

For the next year (plans are all subject to change) I plan on trying to begin my "Ouran Marathon" and "Hana Kimi Special" posts in which I will detail each episode/chapter of the two stories each week, and even mention specifics within both such as characters, couples, possibilities, etc, etc...

And now I'm just rambling on too much and trying too hard. So before I make promises I know that I may not be able to keep, let's end it here and just look forward to whatever manga thoughts that are coming soon.

Thanks for sticking with me... (population: 2?).

No comments: