Wednesday, October 1, 2008

news: rolling in October

Despite the fact that business is picking up at my part-time thus forcing me to become full-time, and despite all the slacking off I've been doing thus forcing me to cram-study for my upcoming test, I feel the need continue planning my posts for anicabyss.

My blogging has been a lot more scattered than I'd intended it to be since the beginning, but I kind of don't mind the direction that I'm taking. After all, if I set myself to an unchangeable schedule, I may end up rampaging. Secondly, no one reads this blog save for myself, so really, who cares how I blog anyway, right?


My intention is to finish up some posts that I've already started such as the thoughts on Aishiteru ze Baby, Special A, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (Perfect Girl Evolution/The Wallflower), and Tokyo Marble Chocolate. I may or may not do all of them, but Special A is a must and The Wallflower would make a great Halloween Holiday time post.

My upcoming manga thoughts posts havn't been started yet, but they will be. I plan on writing one for Random Walk, of which I recently finished, and PxP, of which I have taken a liking. Both manga are by Yoshizumi Wataru, so there's the probability that I may pick two more of her manga to write about and just make it a little Yoshizumi-sensei marathon.

I really, really lack the motivation (or probably the ability) to create feature posts even though I've come up with so many ideas already. My biggest necessity to the feature items include the "Top Bishounen" and the "Why I've fallen in love with Megane-bishie-kun in shoujo manga" as well as the "Wonder Women of manga and anime: Kiri-ti and Tama-chan" posts. I so, so, so want to share these three, but I've yet to even begin somewhere besides making a list of my favorite Megane-kun from all sources anime and manga.

Aside from that, the spotlight post for October has yet to be chosen yet, and the previous list of all possible spotlight posts has been declined. Another part of the featurettes is the featured song of which I've already chosen the ending theme to Hatenkou Yugi.


Onto other more merry news, Skip Beat! will be airing within the week and so there will definitely be a new first impressions post for it. My only conflict is whether I want to break down and do a by episode posting of Skip Beat to see how it goes, or if I just want to watch the anime and comment on it like I do all the others. What may end up happening is that I'll just comment on my thoughts of Skip Beat! as I watch without any sense of episode-by-episode. I'm too lazy for that.

But who knows, I may change my mind.

Other new anime will also be airing soon as a lot of the ones I'm watching are coming to a close. Natsume Yuujinchou has reached it final episode that I will be able to view soon, and there has been an announcement that a second season is on its way. I will look forward to it and the anicabyss readers (population: 1; yea that's me) can look forward to the ending series thoughts of Natsume Yuujinchou.

Wagaya no Oinari-sama should be drawing to a close soon as well, and I've yet to continue on with World Destruction which is probably nowhere near end yet. While D.Gray-man feels like it's still ongoing, the most recent episode I watched boasted a "last episode" as the preview and so I'm a little worried since there is still so much more going on in the storyline. Subbing error, maybe?

Naisho no Tsubomi has yet to release it's second OVA sub and Chocolate Underground seems to have come to a standstill. I don't mind, as they aren't really too significant to my viewing diet as of present, but it would be nice to be able to finish what I start. I'd hate to have another Amatsuki and Allison to Lillia laying around my harddrive where I just can't seem to finish them.


Finally, onto manga news is my sudden interest in adventure, shoujo, and romance in the same manga story. I've set my sights on the likes of Immortal Rain, Kanata Kara, Kakan no Madonna, Tsuki no Shippo, and so on, so forth. Unfortunately, very few of these are even completely translated and so I feel like I need to wait it out a little.

Otherwise, I'm still waiting patiently for Lovely Complex, Beauty Pop, Ouran High School Host Club, etc, etc, etc that are all listed on my manga diet list to the right.

If anyone has ever wondered (population: 0) the lists are formed in the fashion of which anime/manga I will jump onto first thing when I can get the newest chapter/episode within my grasp. Basically it's a rough "top ten" list of the anime and manga I'm currently obsessed with starting with number one. And the list isn't static so it may change daily.

And with this, hopefully I'll be able to go along a little more of a planned month than the last two. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with that October spotlight. And hopefully I'll finally be able to finish watching Amatsuki, though I may just drop it altogether.

No comments: