Tuesday, August 5, 2008

news: Skip Beat! -- eating my words



I have to apologize in advance about my previous Skip Beat! news post, because apparently I've been had. Well... it was the truth that those were the names I had seen earlier when I first posted about Skip Beat!'s transition to anime. The transition will still take place and is scheduled for broadcast in October of this year, but the anime characters are playing a game of musical seiyu on me.

With a curiosity on whether or not more voice actors had been confirmed for the anime, I went back to Skip Beat! (TV) @ ANN as well as Skip Beat @ wiki to check out the details. Names have changed and names have been tossed out. Both voice actors for Kyoko and Fuwa Shoutaro have changed and the voice actor for Tsuruga Ren has mysteriously disappeared.

New names are available on both of those sites, but I won't go through the trouble of blogging about them until there has been an actual confirmation of which voice will do which character. My previous outlook on having Sakurai Takahiro do Fuwa Sho was all my personal opinion and I'm now kind of conflicted on whether or not I would have preferred him over someone else. I almost had my heart set on hearing one of my favorite seiyu in one of my favorite shoujo manga turned anime.

But alas, I think I'll only continue to blog news about Skip Beat!'s anime transition with what little resources I have. This will also give me a reason to post on this site as well as upload various cool pictures for Skip Beat!

Until then, I'll keep looking forward to watching the anime release.

One thing, however, I must admit that the new name listed as Fuwa Sho's seiyu is a bit surprising... and a little odd of a selection. Mamoru Miyano doesn't really strike me as the type to have a "cool" voice, but I can definitely see the secretive, louder personality that only Kyoko has seen of Fuwa Sho. Of course, I've only watched two anime in which this seiyu too part. I may eat my words again so I'm not taking these opinions too seriously.

I'm not at all familiar with any of the other voice actors listed, so this may be a completely new experience for me if these are the ones who are final for the characters.


Same Day Edit:

As per my earlier screw up, I had suddenly had the inkling to go and google Skip Beat! to see if other fans out there have been keeping tabs on the anime news of this shoujo series. Fortunately -- or maybe unfortunately -- for me, I've come across two anime blog sites where both confirm that the first set of voice cast were completely wrong.

According to The Scrumptious Anime Blog, actual fans with official copies of the Hana to Yume magazine in which Skip Beat! is published have confirmed that indeed the now listed seiyu at ANN are correct. Tsuruga Ren's seiyu will also be announced soon as well and I will keep an eye on this new news to post.

No comments: