Saturday, August 16, 2008

news: what I'm watching

Though I've already made a small list of my current anime viewing diet on the side bar, I figure I'd better give a bit of an explanation as to what it is that I'm actually keeping on my playlist and why it is that it's taking me so long to get to a certain anime.

In a sense, I have a bad habit of being wishy-washy, which sums up why it's taking me so long just to watch all of Amatsuki or Zombie Loan or even Bus Gamer, and move onto the next "old" anime I haven't seen yet, but really want to see.

But anyway, as far as my current playlist is concerned, the anime listed in the sidebar are all of the anime that have caught my attention within the past month or two. While there are some anime that I've watched the very first episode of, I don't count them as part of my current playlist because of the fact that I had decidedly stopped after the first episode so that I could skip back into enjoying the others that I'm currently watching.


D.Gray-man, Natsume Yuujinchou, and World Destruction are currently on my inhaling diet as I am watching each episode as they become available to me. I'm hanging on cliffhangers and transitioning storylines just waiting for the next episode to show itself. Wagaya no Oinari-sama is on a borderline edge-of-my-seat wait, because even if the next episode is available, I probably won't watch it.


Chocolate Underground is one that I'm taking in as a "filler" anime, because each episode is short and sweet -- no pun intended -- though as only four episodes have been shown; I'm a little irate about it not being there when I need something to take my mind off of my anticipation of the above mentioned anime.


Allison to Lillia is one that I'm slowly digesting. As of now I've only watched the first four episodes that comprise the treasure hunting story arc. I intend to watch the rest, but it'll take some time.


As for the rest, I had intended to watch Hikaru no Go as a means of fulfilling my Suzuken-sama quota as I await my Lavi-otaku withdrawal medication in D.Gray-man. But after twenty episodes and then being unable to watch anime for a while because of certain unnamed reasons personal issues, I ended up losing interest (for the meantime, since I'm still looking forward to the Suzuken voice appearance as Shinichiro Isumi).


I'm extremely attached to the Kara no Kyoukai movies even though I haven't really read any of the light novels. I've watched the first two movies available, and even though the third movie is within my grasp, I'm hesitant to watch it as I know it will be some time before I can get my hands on the next two movies. I'm currently purposely putting it on hold until further notice. But mark my words, as soon as I have the chance, I will pounce on the yummy "Garden of sinners" delicacy.


Finally, Amatsuki seems to be coming within some sort of mental barrier whenever I think of watching it. Sure, I already went through the first four or five episodes before stopping altogether to watch something else. But I'm still looking forward to it and want to watch all thirteen of the already viewable episodes that I have. And yet I'm still hesitating. I'm thinking it has to do with my need to first post the already drafted first impression thoughts post on Amatsuki. Until then, I feel like I have no right to watch the rest of the anime in all it's glory.

I'm a little pathetic, but hey, this is how my demented mind works.

As for the dragging plot of Special A, it is irritating me to no end. Granted, I've read what there is to read of the Special A manga and will still follow it, but having done that, it seems that watching the anime is just furious-frustration times two for our beloved little heroine Hikari-chan. I'm about to go kamikaze on her just to ease my own anger at her immense stupidity. Her arrogantly abstract boyfriend fellow male protagonist is not fairing too well on my like list either. I'm a little disappointed to be watching an anime with, not one, but both main characters in which I am secretly planning to throttle.

Other anime listed include some new and some old. xxxHolic has received some good reviews and so I've become quite curious -- that and I've often admired CLAMP's work as one of my favorite's came from CLAMP. Pretear is an anime I am also curious about, even as magical girl anime -- the only of which within this genre I can stand is Cardcaptor Sakura. Anything and everything that is Suzumura Kenichi-sama will be included on this list, even if it isn't already.


Paradise Kiss and Perfect Girl Evolution are two that I have recently added onto my future playlist that may quickly jump into my current playlist. They may just be the right dose of shoujo anime I've been looking for to quench my thirst since Lovely Complex and Ouran High School Host Club.


Finally, Skip Beat! is one I'm absolutely looking forward to when it airs. And on a side note, Saiunkoku Monogatari might just be one of those anime that look so beautiful that I can't keep my hands off of it, but I will end up not watching it for my own personal reasons -- because it is historical reverse harem and those are usually not up my lane.

On a post-endnote, I have dropped Bleach because it became rather bland after the 'Rescue Rukia' story arc. As I started watching the 'Bount' story arc, I started to lose sight of what the main purpose of this anime was -- or rather I realized what the main focus of Bleach truly was. Maybe I'll pick it up again, because obviously there's something about it that is pretty good if it's ongoing and people are raving about it.

Other anime such as The Daughter of Twenty Faces, Persona ~trinity soul~, and Library Wars are still beyond my reach. Until I finish all the other "completed" anime series I've set off to watch, I don't think I'll start these. The first one on this list isn't even completely broadcasted anyway.

What I absolutely want to watch but feel like it is forbidden fruit to the untamed otaku eye is One Piece -- all 300+ episodes of it.

No comments: