Friday, August 1, 2008

a side note

When I first started drafting my posts, I had been doing so according to what I was familiar with, and this is in terms of names. After reading through other blogs and such, I suddenly decided that maybe I should try to be a little more faithful to the way the Japanese (and any Asian culture) writes names: family name first, then given name.

So with the exception of the first post a la "Suzuken-sama Worship" I have decided that the rest of the posts will contain Japanese names written in the correct form. If any names aren't written in the correct form, I apologize now. Secondly, names that are not of Japanese origin will probably not be written in that family name-given name format because that's not how westerners do it.

Oh... so, so complicated.

No comments: