Tuesday, August 19, 2008

news: Skip Beat! enter Katsuyuki Konishi



In keeping up with the anime news of Skip Beat!, the news of Tsuruga Ren's seiyu has been announced. Of course, I know that I'm probably a week or two late with this information, but either way, I like to mention these things.

Katsuyuki Konishi... When I look at this name, it does not ring a bell at all even though I've probably seen it ten or twenty times in various anime. After all, this voice did significant roles in three of the few anime I've actually seen. In Bamboo Blade, he was the bum-out-of-luck high school teacher and kendo instructor, Toraji Ishida-sensei. In Blood+ he did the voice of romantic chevalier Hagi. And now in D.Gray-man, he is the chaotically insane doting big brother and notable Dark Order supervisor, Komui Lee.

Katsuyuki-san has done a plethora of varied roles, even including many I haven't seen yet, but am a bit familiar with. This also includes a few not so significant roles as hyperactive high school boys, calm and cool authority figures, and the like. I assume he is known for other roles I have yet to be exposed to.

No matter how many roles he has, however, it doesn't change the fact that the three of the ones I know of are kind of... different from the Tsuruga Ren I had in mind. But then again, to be fully honest, he could pull it off, I think. He has the ability to range from serious to dark to playful. I've yet to hear a sarcastic, almost terrifyingly scary temper of his, but I wonder what it would sound like.

Anyway, so the three main protagonists of Skip Beat! have officially been announce.

More news can be found here at The Scrumptious Anime Blog with a cute little magazine scan and everything.

I personally am looking forward to this anime a lot. I'm also secretly wanting to see how the animated version of the LoveMe Section's uniform will look. hehe

No comments: